The Dawn Of A New ER@

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ethereal

As I sit here, looking through the trees at the
stars shining bright in the night sky
What was left of day has long gone dry
Overcome by pools of darkness of night
lost in myself at revelations bright.

Long since the passage of festivities, the
spark of creation of universes within.
For in a heartbeat do our lives suspend,
birth and death all passed by in a blink.
Of the gods we may, if wished, ourselves be
if seen ever our prospective so small,
for the beauty that rests underneath it all
ethereal... But inevitable its fall.

Gazing down at pools of water
Staring into nothing, with the images reflected.
Memories, I recall as they flash in front of me
None of it matters now, overcome by emptiness.
For the beauty that rests underneath it all
ethereal... But inevitable its fall.

Reminded of the grand life, now petty
Counting back years of ignorance
Friend and foe and love and lust
had come and gone. So much had I trust
Fed with wisdom from the years of sweat.
Now I know, not all hope is lost yet.

For the beauty that rests underneath it all
ethereal... But impossible its fall.

No comments: