The Dawn Of A New ER@

Monday, April 7, 2008

The Journey Begins

And I just sat there taking in the scenery as it passed me by. The constant blaring of the ear-splitting horn of this Maruti van, not much contrasting to the scene outisde the windows of this car.

“Life is a road to betterment, to development.” So my friend told me on many an occassion. But that couldn’t be farther from the lives I’m seeing.
For these streets are littered with bodies, human and dogs alike, most just sitting around and breathing their share of air. Some engaged in their petty little meaningless activities. And then there are those not so fortunate. Lives of man and animals, brutally taken away. Bodies crushed, turned into carpets by the uncaring vehicles treading on whatever remains the scavengers leave.

These bloody poverty striken scenes are not those of aftermaths of a holocaust. This, facing facts, is what I have to live my life accepting with sadness and pity, the common scene of Rural India



13th Feb 2006

No comments: